Monday, October 28, 2024

Nolan Wyrwas Blog #1 Importance of Warming Up Before You Lift

 Warming up before lifting is very important. This allows the nervous system for an upcoming workout, improving strength and coordination. It also increases the blood flow to the muscles, helping flexibility and reducing the risk of getting hurt or preventing an injury. Another reason why it's important to warm up before lifting weights is it could allow you to focus on a certain goal or set a goal. Another reason is warming up the joints increases the range of motion in any lift. Overall, warming helps helps prevent injuries and it also makes the lift more effective and better.

8 comments:

  1. I agree that warming up before lifting is very important. I always find that my workout is much better when I warm up before. If I do not warm up before I find it harder to get into a rhythm when working out at first. It definitely lowers the risk of injury at the gym. I definitely agree that it helps your range of motion while working out as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an important thing to talk about! I know so many people who don't prioritize stretching and suffer injuries or don't recover as quick. If you warm up and stretch before a workout your chances of injury go down. It also definitely does increase range of movement. stretching can be used as a warmup or for what you are working towards, example if you are aiming to be more flexible. I know my FIL can't move his head to his right or left side. haha. If he warmed up before working out or even stretched he would benefit from it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an important topic to inform people about. Warming up before lifting is something everyone should do especially since it can prevent injuries. I think a lot of people when lifting come in with a goal of what they would like to lift so it is also important to warm up so they can reach their goal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Warmups are very beneficial to do before working out. I don't have much experience with lifting, but I know warming up is important to do before any kind of physical activity. I need to warm up more before I do any workouts or go on runs, and you have provided some great information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Warming up is super important. It is also important to think about what type of warm up you need to do before you exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Nolan! I agree with the information in this post. I actually made a post similar to this one, writing about dynamic and static stretching. These two topics go hand and hand. Warming up is important when it comes to all physical activity. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The warmup is a very important part of the whole workout along with the cooldown. I feel like the warmup is something that not a lot of people put a lot of effort into, but it is also something that you need to think about the different things you can do to warmup depend on the type of workout you plan on doing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great topic to post about. I always warmed up before a sporting event and it made everything feel better. A lot of people who I played with would mess around doing warm-ups. This would really increase their risk of getting injured pretty bad. I think more people should look into how stretching will help them.

    ReplyDelete

Blog #4 Quality of Sleep

 I think everyone should aim to have good quality every night. Sleep is very important to everyone's overall health. When you're sle...